We’ve always believed that being well-mannered means being friendly and welcoming to each and every one of our customers, respectful to our suppliers, and generous to our neighbours regardless of creed, colour, sexuality or gender identity. It means always thinking about others and putting them at ease.
As we’ve mentioned before, it’s definitely not a gender thing, it’s a behaviour thing.
We firmly believe that promoting diversity and fostering inclusion helps to push The Gentlemen Baristas forward. For us, who you love or how you identify should never be an issue. Whether you’re at one of our coffee houses, at your place of work or walking down the street, we wholeheartedly believe every LGBTQ+ person deserves to be safe and to feel safe.
This Pride Month, we want to celebrate our friends and loyal customers who are part of the LGBTQ+ community - acknowledging the challenges they face in the fight for equality - in the way we know best, by launching a limited-edition Pride coffee.
In fact, we’re partnering with Mermaids - one of the UK’s leading LGBTQ+ charities, which empowers thousands of people with its secure online communities, local community groups, helpline services, web resources, events and residential weekends -by donating £2 from every bag of our Hats Off For...PRIDE coffee sold (and 50p of all filter coffee sold in our coffee houses) until July 31st.
The Gentlemen Baristas? It's Not a Gender Thing, It's A Behaviour Thing
We firmly believe that promoting diversity and fostering inclusion helps to push The Gentlemen Baristas forward, and that every LGBTQ+ person deserves to be safe and to feel safe.
In addition to our Hats Off For... PRIDE coffee, to help encourage this we've worked on a few important initiatives this Pride Month:
- Investing in Internal LGBTQ+ Inclusivity Training for our teams (provided by Mermaids), including training on pronouns and implementing internal policies to help LGBTQ+ members of staff feel welcome and safe.
- Sending out regular educational materials about the LGBTQ+ community on our internal communications platform.
- Donating a brewer, coffee & airpots to help The London LGBTQ+ Community Centre get their café back up and running with some support behind them.
- Throwing a fundraiser event at our roastery (co-hosted by our friends at Minor Figures with the help of Stores Supply and Islands Chocolate) to celebrate Pride and raise funds for both The London LGBTQ+ Community Centre & Mermaids.
- In addition to £2 from every 250g bag of our Hats Off For... PRIDE coffee going to Mermaids, we're also serving this as our batch brew until the end of July and donating 50p from every filter coffee sold to Mermaids.
We believe we’re better when we reflect and support the communities we serve.
Whoever you are, just be who you are.
Buy our limited edition Hats Off For... PRIDE coffee here.